X-ray Science Interest Group
The goal of the X-ray Science Analysis Group (XRSIG) is to provide quantitative metrics and assessments to NASA in regard to future X-ray observatories. Specifically, the XRSIG will
- Track and analyze evolving science goals and requirements in X-ray astronomy, especially as current "hot" topics evolve.
- Provide an active communication forum for X-ray astrophysics (e.g., via town hall meetings at venues such as AAS and APS meetings).
- Support mission studies and concept development for future X-ray observatories.
- Analyze technology development and prioritization plans with respect to redefined science goals and the evolution of mission concepts (i.e., the XRSIG will aid the PhysPAG in analyzing technology needs).
The XRSIG is open to all members of the community.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the XRSIG, please subscribe using the link below. For other inquiries, e-mail co-chairs
Ryan Hickox at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jillian Bellovary at email@example.com, and Grant Tremblay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XRSIG Mailing List
Subscribe to the XRSIG mailing list.
White Papers for Decadal Survey
A list of submitted X-ray Science white papers can be found here: https://pcos.gsfc.nasa.gov/sigs/xrsig/whitepapers.php
- X-ray SIG white paper: "The Scientific Significance of the Soft X-ray Spectrometer" [PDF]
- Past Meetings
- At 231st Meeting of the American Astronomical Society, 8–12 January 2018, Washington, D.C. [All activities at Gaylord Hotel/Conference Center Full Agenda]
- Monday, 8 January 2018
- X-Ray SIG Meeting [Agenda]
10:45 A.M.–12:30 P.M., Room: Maryland Ballroom 4
- PhysPAG Meeting [Agenda]
3:30 P.M.–5:00 P.M., Room: Maryland Ballroom 4–6
- January 3, 2017: X-ray Science Interest Group Meeting at the 229th American Astronomical Society Meeting in Grapevine, Texas [Full agenda here]
- Summary of XRSIG Telecon: Response to the loss of Hitomi; June 8, 2016 [PDF]
- American Physical Society Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, April 16-19, 2016
- XRSIG Meeting at the High Energy Astrophysics Division (HEAD) Meeting, Naples, FL, April 3-7, 2016 [Agenda]
- XRSIG Meeting at the 227th AAS Meeting, January 4-8, 2016, Kissimmee, FL [Agenda]
- XRSIG meeting at the special HEAD meeting in Chicago, IL on July 30, 2015
- XRSIG meeting at the January 2015 AAS meeting in Seattle on January 4, 2015
- XRSIG meeting at the HEAD meeting in Chicago on August 18, 2014
- XRSIG meeting at January 2014 AAS Meeting in Washington, DC, on January 5, 2014 [Agenda]
- X-ray SAG Meeting, Monterey, California, 12 April 2013
Program News and Announcements
18 January 2021
Meeting of Astronomy and Astrophysics Advisory Committee (AAAC) on 26–27 January 2021
14 January 2021
NuSTAR General Observer Cycle 7 Proposal Deadline 29 January 2021
6 January 2021
Draft Astrophysics Explorers Program Solicitations Released for Community Comment for Solicitations for both Medium Explorer (MIDEX) and Missions of Opportunity (APEXMO) and Comments for both draft solicitations due by 25 February 2021
16 December 2020
The 237th Meeting of the American Astronomical Society, Virtually Anywhere, 11–15 January 2021, will include Physics of the Cosmos events. The PCOS AAS2021 Meeting page lists currently scheduled sessions, presentations, chats, and displays » Details
4 December 2020
Payloads and Research Investigations on the Surface of the Moon (PRISM) Step-2 Due Date. Step-2 proposals now due 3 February 2021
. Step-1 proposal due date unchanged as 11 December 2020
4 December 2020
Release of Final text and Due Dates for ROSES Post-COVID Recovery program. Requests received by 4 January 2021
will be processed first. Final due date is 5 March 2021
. » Details